Friday, June 22, 2007

The Week of Bad Moods

Well I haven’t written here this week because…yes, it’s that time again…Bad Mood Week for June 2007. This week was TERRIBLE. Correction, I was TERRIBLE. And for no good reason. Nothing really created the Terribleness, so I’m completely responsible for it. I’m fighting it off left and right now and so far so good. Keep those fingers crossed for me. And after a good last weekend too. I went to the Sunburnt Cow on Saturday morning for a yummy brunch with La Cousine Megan – scrambled eggs, bacon and unlimited mimosas. Needless to say, this might be the first time I’ve been quite a bit tipsy before 1pm. Then off to a walk around – street fairs and other shopping and then to see the movie Waitress which was so cute and made me smile because it was “charming” – I think that’s the words the critics are using to describe it. The woman who wrote and directed and acted in it was murdered earlier this year – very strange, sad story – and I really wanted to see this because she was in one of my favorite all time movies, Trust (with the oh so cute Martin Donovan). Anyway, good film, I highly recommend it and it will make you want to make and then eat dessert, because the main character bakes all these awesome pies. Then Sunday, I was again up early early and this time to meet Floating Head at 9:45 am for yoga class at 10! Yay for Me! I made it…I was sitting on the bench outside Integral, eating my banana, and feeling very happy about myself – I don’t know how to explain to you how difficult it is to get me out of bed early enough so that’s why I was pleased with myself. But to come to yoga – at the same time we went to meditation class here – is so peaceful at this early weekend hour – its just you and the birds and the morning sun. It sure kicks the day off to a good start, you can’t help but be smiley. The teacher we had was real funky too, but I liked him and and wished he was there every week – alas, he was just visiting but he kind of had that zen-surfer-cool-dude vibe, you knew nothing could rattle him or shake him. Then Floating Head and I stuck with tradition and went out for our regular after Integral-feelgood macrobiotic lunch on Greenwich and walked around a bit afterwards before heading home and I felt fine.

Then Monday happened. I hated work, I hated the world, I was mad at everything and FOR NO GOOD REASON. The next day was no better. I just felt angry, like I wanted to kick anyone who entered my presence in the shins. I think I just needed to get it out – I haven’t had that kind of feeling for awhile and maybe I was holding in some bad emotions and see, this is what happens when you do that – they explode out of you and onto people who don’t deserve it. My boss was kind enough to notice the bad mood and kept a safe distance – he just asked me if all was okay and I said yes and I guess that’s all it took for him to see the warning signs! I’m telling you, I do not have a poker face – every thing going on inside this head of mine shows on my face. I went home that night and did some “internal kickboxing”, had a nice chat with myself, and started to feel better. So that being said, today’s status is: so far, so good. It’s helpful in times like these to repeat this Albert Einstein quote:

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.The other is as though everything is a miracle."

So may today you try – like me – to see the everyday miracles. And not get caught up in the phantom fears and worries of things that haven’t happened yet or that your own dumb head has created.

Now, tomorrow: I’m going to the Coney Island Mermaid Festival -
http://www.coneyisland.com/mermaid.shtml - I’ve been wanting and wanting to go to this for years and finally, I’ve remembered and I’ve roped in Chia Pet to accompany me and I intend to have a wonderful time of it – should be a funky and freaky good time.

So thats my story and I’m sticking to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i bet your red haired friend was coming to visit. at least that is what mama juicy would blame it on!!!! xxoo Snow

Anonymous said...

Trust. Weird movie. Martin Donovan's character made me cringe the whole way.

New movie coming soon:
"Mini-Vox: The Arrival", opening in Theaters this Thursday, 6/28. No previews. But I hear it's got Oscar potential!

- Maxi-Vox

Aleena the Cleric said...

Snow, don't you mean our Red Headed Grandma Max!!! That was not the cause, alas...it was just me in a big baby sulk! I vow this week to not let myself get trapped by The Big Baby Snot Nose Brat Vibe!