Monday, January 28, 2008

Sore Bones are the Order of the Day

I'm sore...SORE!!! I hurt ... and not just my bloody and bruised right knee from when I wiped out on Wednesday - yes, that's right, I just fell in the middle of the street for no good reason ... thank god no one "important" saw me ... I had just left a conversation with my boss on the corner while he had a smoke though so I later accused him of pushing me and then running in the other direction ...he STILL denies it...

Anyway, I'm sore because I was a good girl and went to yoga both mornings and darn it, my body isn't used to it because I've been a bad girl since November and haven't been doing it regularly...yesterday in particular, I seemed to have REALLLLLLY STRETCHHHHEDDDD - I swear I'm taller now, I felt so stretched - but oooh it did feel good ... and after Saturday's class, Floating Head and I tried a raw foods meal for the first time and found it quite yummy. It was really filling without the awful heaviness you feel after the usual big meal. I had Fofu Benedict at
Quintessence

"2 slices of our tasty sprouted kamut bread topped with walnut herb sausage, avocado and fofu. Smothered with mock Hollandiaise sauce and caramelized onions. Served with mixed mesclun and your choice of dressing"

This was followed by a Chai Latte made with cashew nut milk - which is SOOOO good, its all nutty tasting and warm and spicy...perfect to sip on a cold cold day while we sat at the window table and looked across the street at the Russian Baths and watched the Russian Mobsters -so we assumed ... and wouldn't you?... who else goes to the Russian Baths?! - come and go and hoped to see Viggo
emerging fresh from a knife fight inside...alas, no Viggo for us but we still spent a good deal of the time speculating on what was going on inside and making up stories about the men coming and going ... someday, I'll gain invisibility skills and slip inside to see for myself...

And tonight, we celebrate ... yes, this is the final time President Goofus will give a State of the Union and according to my calendar there are only 357 days left in office until we are free of this GARBAGE ... and onto new GARBAGE, I'm sure, but at least it will be different GARBAGE and hopefully Democratic GARBAGE ... we shall see ... and hope... and pray...

0 comments: