Friday, May 16, 2008

Neverending Math Equation

"I'm the same as I was when I was 6 years old
And oh my God I feel so damn old...

Oh my god, Ive gotta gotta gotta gotta move on
Where do you move when what you're moving from
Is yourself?
The universe works on a math equation
That never even ever really even is any end
Infinity spirals out creation
We're on the tip of its tongue, and it is saying
We aint sure where you stand
You aint machines and you aint land...
Well I don't want to have and want

But I dont know what I need..."
- Modest Mouse Song...and Current Earworm but the Sun Kil Moon version...



So, today has started off with quite the bang...and that bang would be me falling down a flight of stairs!! I could not, would not sleep last night...I actually went to bed sleepy as hell at 12 only to toss and turn and feel my adrenaline pumping so I got up around 2 and watched The Jeffersons on TVLand only to fall asleep on the couch. When I moved back to the bed, it was a repeat of before...toss and turn, wide eyed and bleary. DAMN. I gave up being stressed about it though. I finally fell asleep around 5, woke up at 7:56 to pouring rain and I rush rush my way to work, I hurry hurry down the stairs in my building and nearly broke my crown...slid all the way down on my back, let out a very loud "FUCK!!" to my embarrassment and looked down to see the heel dangling off my left boot like a wiggly tooth. So I hobbled back up to my apt. to change shoes and get to the platform only to be told there is a stalled train ahead of us on the track so we'll be moving shortly albeit slooooooowly.

Silver lining? If I hadn't fallen on my ass, I would have been on that stuck train and I would have been hysterically sobbing on the inside because that is the WORST feeling - I get a little bit claustrophobic and panicky if stuck on a train - especially a crowded/smelly one - for too long. So whew, I suppose, for being a clumsy clumsy but cute kid (SNOW WHITE!).

I still can't believe I fell down a flight of stairs. What a dork. And yes, I am a little achy - thanks for asking!

And it's still raining and I'm sipping some coffee now to prepare for later - I will be baking a cake for tomorrows Settler's Game Extravaganza at Ly's. And to bed, oh glorious bed, early I hope...I do NOT do well on less than 3 hours sleep - the same thing happened last Thursday, only I had to get up at 4am to make it to the airport at 6 to fly to Chicago - Floating Head can attest, I was quite giggly giddy for most of the day and then I operated on 5 second delay and was not very smart - she had to do all the thinking. Then around 4pm , I just started zoning out and needed a 45 minute disco nap before going out for our luscious dinner - steak and lobster, come on, I'll forgo sleep for that anytime.

Anyhoo...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Wait, did you say something? I feel like I lost time...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And she's out people....

0 comments: