Friday, October 24, 2008

As the Hair Turns

Well things are better, for those of you who were worried about my hair and life status. Yes, today, the locks returned to a more normal state and with that, so did my state of mind. The rest of me didn't look so shitty, and I generally felt better - as the hair goes, the rest me follows. Oh you know, I'm still sort of HRUMPH-y and snippy but I restrained myself and just went along my merry little way. I didn't hurt anyone physically, that's important. The play last night helped - Farragut North at the Atlantic on West 20th - The Cousins joined me and they make me laugh too so that was additional remedy for my troubles. I read this is actually being made into a movie with George Clooney and it was interesting to see this at this point in time - it's all about the wrangling and games that go on behind the scenes during campaigns, this one being the Democratic primaries. And because The Cousin has connections, we get front row always at this place and you are literally 6 inches away from the actors...so basically we saw Chris Noth spit a lot. But more importantly - we decided to do a day trip to Philadelphia next weekend to go to Eastern State Penitentiary ( http://www.easternstate.org/ ) and see the sights. And tomorrow I do something else spooky...

"Spooks, Scandals, and Scoundrels of Greenwich Village! This light-hearted tour highlights stories of Village hauntings and scandals involving prominent New Yorkers over the past two hundred years. Find out about the surprising ghosts that haunt Greenwich Village, plus dastardly acts associated with the libidinous Stanford White, jaunty Jimmy Walker and infamous Aaron Burr. And what supernaturally-inclined tour could fail to include a nod to the macabre Edgar Allan Poe? Sites include Washington Square Park, St. Luke's in the Field, and the oldest house in Greenwich Village."

Fun, yeah? I think so...the rest of my time shall be spent alternating between resting and doing laundry so this will be the bright spot in the weekend.

And you, out there? How does your hair look lately? Because in the words of the great Vidal Sassoon, "if you don't look good, WE don't look good"!

0 comments: