Friday, October 03, 2008

I've had enough of the ruff stuff, baby*

*taken from one of my favorite Gomez songs about an "unhealthy" lifestyle - in their case drugs and smokes, in my case PeopleSoft and Oracle, late nights and weird sleep patterns.

In other words, to speak plainly and simply - because like Sarah Palin in last night's debate, I want to "speak straight" to Joe Six Pack and all the Soccer Moms - I'M TIRED.

And who the hell is Joe Six Pack anyway? In my HUMBLE opinion, this lady who tries to place herself as part of the middle class (who's hubby is a biggie in the oil industry and owns a fishing company and they are both classified as millionaires) is actually being pretty snarky and condescending by referring to the Middle Class this way. Does she see all middle class men as a bunch of white trash dudes with potbellies in wifebeaters who hang out in front of their trailers, guzzling beer while they work on their crappy pickups? Is she DARING to assume that all middle class women have no other ambitions than to be Soccer Moms, that some of us might be single and - gasp - have no kids at all? Is she really trying to lump us all in this little middle class stereotype and act as if she "understands", she "has been there"? REALLY? I can't stand this piece of crap excuse for a politician and I find it demeaning that the Republicans think that is the best they can do for a position that would be second in command - you want a lady in there, thinking you'll get all the Pro-Hillary Anti-Obama women swinging on over to McCain and this tarty, unintelligent, cheesy, CHICK is the best you could come up with? Seriously. I love Rachel Maddow's opinion of her debate performance by the way, calling her out on being so folksy she almost seemed to be a cartoon, not a real person - I fully expected her at some point to break out with a "OOH yah, yoo betcha, let me tell you about my Uncle Ole Oleson from Min-EE-sew-tah..." and yes I can make fun of the Minnesota accent because my family is from there - she's from freaking Alaska, where did the accent come from? I'll tell you - FAKE FOLKSINESS!

Uffdah!

My family is middle class - if she classifies us by what we inbibe, I'm going to start calling my dad Chuck Grand Marnier and my mom Joyce Seabreeze. And I'm Nicola Tequila. HA! More like Nicole Maca Supergreens lately...

So you can tell I'm grumpy, right? Eh, I'll be okay, I just need to sleep well over the weekend, get my hair done tomorrow so that I look pretty for Veronica and Larisa (look how pretty I am!) and have a glass of wine tonight. I'm actually feeling very good - HAPPY - just weary. I keep waking up at like 4am and I'll be wide awake and golly gee (another PALINISM!!) I need my sleep in order to function. Basically, I haven't had a day off in 2 weeks and and I've been working almost every night until 8pm so the wear and tear are unravelling me. Can I sing Weezer's Sweater Song now?

HEY! Um, weird...The Sweater Song just came on my radio!! How's that for some synchronicity!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would think by now that you would have a political opinion !!! Can you see Russia from your house? Can you? Aunt Monika

Anonymous said...

Anyway - you're large!