Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Everyone!! Sing out!!!


(Please replace the word The Witch with Bush's Reign of Terror and Stupidity)

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead!
Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.
Wake up - sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead.
He's gone where the goblins go,
Below - below - below.
Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out!!

Well, it doesn't really work as a tune, now does it, but the sentiment is what we are going for here, not artistry...oh okay, FINE, I just happen to have another song queued up for the occasion, sung magnificently by Seal, but the real deal is the original Sam Cooke and it's the perfect song to set the mood today...A Change is Gonna Come:

"...It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will
It's been too hard living but I'm afraid to die
Cause I don't know what's up there beyond the sky
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will
Then I go to my brother
And I say brother help me please
But he winds up knocking me
Back down on my knees
Ohhhhhhhhh.....
There been times that I thought I couldn't last for long
But now I think I'm able to carry on
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will..."

A good day indeed...I really wanted to watch the whole event but as I'm at work and not at home with Anderson Cooper and Rachel Maddow to guide me, I just figured I'd watch it online at CNN or MSNBC but wasn't that annoying? Stop and start, buffer and reload...so I'm quite thankful to The BB (Bushwick Bird) and her BF (The Boyfriend) for coming by my office to pull me into a conference room they heard had a TV for viewing...so YAY! I didn't miss the actual swearing in or the speech..and so now we get down to business and see what this man will/can actually do, actually change...I have high hopes but I think he does too and it counts for a lot.

0 comments: