Friday, January 23, 2009

Good Pete Article


In all my election excitement, I forgot to mention how happy I was to find out (while listening to Idiot's Delight on WFUV last Saturday) that Mr. Pete Seeger was going to be one of the participants in the We Are One concert at the Lincoln Memorial and how fitting it was that he would sing there for Obama after all of his years of activity in the Civil Rights Movement - so I was pleased that amidst the trendy Shakiras and Ushers - there was Pete closing it out with Bruce Springsteen singing This Land is Your Land - and then I read this excellent article on Monday - so here you go, check it out if you so desire:


And you know my other thought in all of this was: PETE SEEGER, PUT ON A DAMN COAT!! He does chop wood every day upstate, so maybe he's used to it, but Bruce, lend him a scarf or something!

0 comments: