Thursday, January 15, 2009

What a crazy, odd, and oh so COLD day it has been ... lots of happenings in NYC today ... first, I wake up to the guy on 1010WINS telling me that the "real-feel temperature" is -1 - YIKES! And its snowing, lovely lovely snow, gentle and pretty, fat flakes that fall like powdered sugar, not blowing harsh sharp ice crystals that hurt your cheeks. The kind you want to walk to work in. The kind that makes everything quiet and even the garbage bags on the sidewalk waiting to be picked up are made pretty by being covered in it. So pleasant. Then I get on the E - and it's one of those brand new E's - where did those come from? I was only gone two weeks and all of a sudden, there's brand new shiny silver subway trains - same old smelly druggies and drunks and homeless people, but cleaner and roomier, so I'll take it. Then we had a shakeup here at work...I won't go into it for obvious reasons - but on a side note, Vox should totally call me if I don't call him first (hint hint) - so good things and/or more work/stress for me could be shooting down from up on high. I'm not completely sure I want things to change but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, won't we? I'll speak no more until I know more. Then a plane goes down in the Hudson river near the piers, providing my mother with more meat to her argument against taking planes, pleading with us to revert back to the covered wagon times for cross-country travel.

Now I have a headache, I think from gritting my teeth all day. Ouch. Maybe I should just give up the ghost and head home to watch a brand new Office (finally!) and go to bed early and wait to see what else can go crazy around here tomorrow ... other than the fact its supposed to be 10 degrees . Well I wanted winter, didn't I? And one must be careful for what one wishes for ... in the words of Willy Wonka...

"But Charlie, don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted ... he lived happily ever after."

0 comments: