Monday, September 28, 2009

I wish I had...

There was a moment while I was on vacation for my family reunion in August and I was with my mom and dad on the Oregon Coast and we were waiting (and waiting and waiting - do you remember that place?!) for our fresh fish lunch (which was worth the wait) and the seating was limited (especially for us wait-ers) and so my mom sat while my dad and I stood next to her and she kept on looking up at us to talk and I remember looking down at her and thinking she looked so beautiful - her eyes, her skin, everything and I thought - this is how my dad probably sees her. But I didn't say anything at the time and I think I should have. For some reason that stayed with me, because that's how I see her too - even when she gets up in the morning and her hair sticks straight up like an even crazier Don King. But it stuck with me because I should have told her right then that I thought that and I didn't, I just kept it to myself - everyone deserves to hear they look beautiful, don't they?

So I'm using my powers for good, not evil and I'm going back in time and correcting the moment and I'm telling you now. Mom: you are beautiful.

Daddy - did I make her cry? :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I REALIZE IT'S CLOSE TO YOUR BIRTHDAY--- yOUR GIFT IS IN THE MAIL! wHAT A NICE THING TO SAY TO ME yES,i DID CRY-------

Anonymous said...

suck up