Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Tosca! The Met!

Last night was a fancy night...first steamed veggie dumplings and sesame noodles at Ollie's and then a trot over to Lincoln Center to the Metropolitan Opera House for Tosca - I love going to the Met. It's so pretty and luscious and I love the Chagall paintings on the walls and the oil portraits and the crystal lamplight everywhere and the red staircase and it makes me think of Moonstruck and Cher...we both almost fell asleep during the the first act because it was so warm and dark so during the first intermission, we got a coffee to jolt us awake. The second act went much better, as Tosca stabs Scarpia in the heart! Second intermission, we felt it was time to act as fancy as we felt so I was treated to a glass of champagne out on the balcony and it was lovely. The third act was short and tragic (of course, it's opera!) as Tosca jumps to her death after her love was shot and killed...this was my first opera and it was GRAND.

In other news, the New Jo(e) has started and so far, he's a really sweet, cool, and easygoing dude and I think he's fitting in very well with our little group! We had lunch together yesterday and ate the chocolate cake I baked and now I'm definitely Odd Girl Out (in more ways than one) because now its me and 3 boys and a bunch of locker room talk - ah, oh well, I'm sure I'll adjust!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Replacing a Jo with a Jo(e)? How odd.

- Vox

Aleena the Cleric said...

And yet it happened! A Jo(e) of some sort was destined to be in that job I guess...

Anonymous said...

who did you go out with on your fancy night? Snow

Aleena the Cleric said...

Just a friend! Not ETL if that's what you are thinking...I haven't seen him in awhile since I texted you for sister-courage! Maybe he's back in Russia for the week, eating some of his mother's borscht - I'm still hopeful about that whole thing though :-)

Watch the Office tonight - Jim returns! I'll call you soon!!