Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Busy, but Flawless!

Lady Peel

Lady Skipwith

Most busy this weekend...I started out having ZERO plans and I hate having nothing to do on a long weekend. I usually like to do something on one day and then save the other for resting...even God rested one day out of the week. But this weekend? No rest for the weary. Well I didn't do anything on Friday night, I just headed home but then Saturday, I met my cousin, Lady Peel (she refers to me as Lady Skipwith, of course) and we checked out the Whitney and were NOT impressed. I'm not the biggest modern art fan, I think a lot of it is pretentious bullshit, so there's going to have to be something super cool that I want to check out before I'll be back...then we walked over to the Frick, which is one of my favorite NYC spots because its a museum but it was a home once upon a time and you just feel like you are walking around someone's beautiful mansion full of beautiful things, not a gallery or a museum. Needless to say, we were quite jealous, our own abodes not being as fancy. Then we headed down to Jean Claude on Sullivan Street for an awesome meal of escargot, roasted codfish, and basil mashed potatoes and shared a bottle of Cote du Rhone. The taste of wine made us realize that a stop at Trader Joe's Wine Shop might be in order to pick up some supplies. A chardonnay, a sherry, and an Amarone were purchased, happily.

On Sunday, I met Floating Head for a Day Meant to Make Us Get Juggy With It - we have not been juggy lately. We had brunch at Mon Petit Cafe - lovely omelet, lovely kir royale, lovely frites...bonjour! To the crosstown bus, where I ogled a handsome doorman on Central Park West, Floating Head counselling me regarding a Person Who Wears a Very Specific Hat and obsessively plays his PSP and she will kick my ass if I don't do that which I need to do and we walked up to the planetarium at the Natural History Museum where we saw the Hall of Many Peoples - Asian, African, etc. - and a film, Cosmic Collisions - super cool! I even had a super cool dream that night full of space travel that was inspired by this film - there was also an icky red snake which I had to let bite me in order to travel through space but then Jim from the Office came and gave me snake bite antidote and then I woke up and so I don't know if I got to travel or not. Anyway. Next up was Sephora, where Floating Head and I attained Smooth Skin via the Bare Minerals line. OMG. We are now flawless (on the outside - inside, we are working on). After purchasing the starter kit, we decided to treat ourselves to a Cinnamon Dolce latte at Starbucks where we had a conversation for over an hour that was punctuated frequently by one of us exclaiming, "oh my god, I can't believe how good you look, you are just glowing! your skin looks so fresh!" - and it's true, I highly recommend these products!!

Monday, I trekked out to Brooklyn for a 3 hour Thai lunch at Sea and then bought Asian food supplies, incense, and soap at Pearl River Mart - udon, soba, miso, and best of all? Red Bean Buns, my favorite...

Needless to say, I'm a little tired. Tonight, I shall try my hardest to go to sleep early...I have to keep my guard up and my game face on and energy level high so that I am ready to...do what it is that I have to do. And to stay juggy with it which is all connected to Doing This Thing That I Have To Do.

Goodnight then!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get juggy with it!!