Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Sick and Tired

I'm sick. Grumble grumble. I haven't been sick since I moved last July so that's something, I'm guessing that my vitamin/immune boosting daily rituals are working in that sense (I also made it through the gruelling Sept. - Dec. season which is my most awful - The Boss got really sick with pneumonia and somehow I made it out with nary a sniffle. So I suppose one very seasonal minor cold is acceptable, except that it comes - as always - at a bad time. I'm going to a sleepover on Friday - GIRLS ONLY! - and I do not want to be the first one to fall asleep because someone will put my hand in hot water so that I wet my sleeping bag. Or will put my bra in the freezer (that actually happened to me, but not at a slumber party - Snow White did it to me, probably to get back at me for something that I did that was equally snotty). So I'm trying my best to think myself well but on top of the cold I seem to have Bad Sleeping Karma again. I had it last summer, where I would fall asleep around 11:30 or so, just fine, and then wake up, wide eyed and full of energy at somewhere between 4 and 5 am. And unable to go back to sleep. This Stinks. So I'm tired from the cold and I'm tired from not getting enough sleep and let's just say I'm a wee bit tipped over and loopy because of the combination.

Oh. Well.

Found! A new poem to love, spotted on the 6 train going to work:

Wilderness
You are the man

You are my other country
and I find it hard going

You are the prickly pear
You are the sudden violent storm

the torrent to raise the river
to float the wounded doe
-Lorine Niedecker

0 comments: