Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Day!

Looks like my little doggie was right, we got snow...more like a blizzard, with little hard bits of ice smacking me in the face as I walked to the train this morning...but lots of lovely sugary type snow on the ground. And as luck would have it (if I had two legs, I could believe it), when I moved last summer, I threw out my old snow boots, thinking I'd buy a new pair this winter. But it hasn't snowed all season and so I never bothered. Ah, oh well, I just put on my jack boots as Daddy refers to them and stomped through the lovely snow on my merry way. And now I sit, typing this post, quite smiley, in my office, with the blinds pulled all the way open so I can see the winter scene perfectly and sip my coffee. La la la, Happy Valentine's Day to me, lots of love, The Weather Gods...just one more thing needs to happen to make this a nice nice day...

I'll finish this off with some new favorite quotes:

Come to the edge.
We can't. We're afraid.
We can't. We will fall!
Come to the edge.
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.
- Guillaume Apollinaire



When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years."
- Mark Twain

"I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work" - Thomas Edison

It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness. - Eleanor Roosevelt

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice quotes.
1 - faith
2 - understanding, tolerance, maturity?
3 - progress
4 - perserverance

- Vox