Monday, May 21, 2007

My Bald Boys Done Real Good



My baseball weekend is now complete with 2 out of 3 wins over the Yankees ... not bad! I'm very happy I was only in the stands for the 2 wins, I would have been heartbroken to sit through last night's lackluster loss. They just seemed flat - that's ok, they need to save their energy for the Braves this week. But did I have fun or what? Basically, going to games is a good excuse to jump up and down and get really excited and scream a lot and yell "WUSSIES" when they walk David Wright, just because he homered a few times and BOO A-Rod, just because he's obnoxious. And eat hot dogs - I think - coupled with the Virginia Road Trip last week - I have eaten more hot dogs in the past 10 days than I have eaten in the past 10 years. I'm stuffed with nitrates and rat hairs and roach droppings, I'm sure. I had a great time though, even when I had to sit through the chill and the rain on Saturday - most people left after the 7th inning, thinking, aw, it's 8-2, it's over...and the excitement was yet to come. I absolutely LOVE it when they put 48 year-old Julio Franco in and he blasts one past all the kiddies in the field. Love it. As Charlie (The Dad) said "OLD GUYS RULE"! I just think thats beyond cool - and yes, I even have Mom and Dad in on the Mets action now, they were both watching the game on Saturday ... when I spoke to Mom she said "I have two words for you: David Wright". Apparently, all the ladies love Mr. Wright - and can you blame us?


0 comments: