Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rain rain go away, come again just not on a Mets game day!

Last night was the Mets vs. the Cubs night - I headed out to Shea with Andrea and Elroy with lots of blowing rain and dark bleak skies. We figured they wouldn't be able to play, but just in case, lets go, have a beer and a hotdog and see if our optimistic thoughts can chase the storm away. 8pm - still raining and still no baseball and we were cold and gave up. I get home 15 minutes later and the damn rain had stopped and SNY was proclaiming "first pitch should happen within 30 minutes". Now, I had a half a mind to jump back on the subway (I'm only 5 stops away from Shea) and go watch the game, but I didn't want to go alone and I was tired already from fighting the rain and fully engaged with watching Ghost Hunters and thought, ok, fine I'm just S.O.L. and I'm out 9 bucks for the ticket. But...not only did the Mets play and win but as a good faith measure, we get to exchange our tix for any of the 3 games in June vs the Twins - woo hoo!

Awesome, indeed.

And as I write this, the Mets were down 1-5 in the 9th inning and just hit 5 runs to win the game and beat the Cubs - now onto the Yankee slaughter! I'm going tomorrow and Saturday - again, the forecast calls for rain, so fingers crossed I'll get to enjoy both games in peace.

0 comments: