Monday, October 15, 2007

Na und?

A bit groggy this morning...I had a yummy belated birthday dinner last night with some friends at El Quixote - a broiled 1.5 lb. lobster and a pitcher of sangria, who could ask for more? Followed up with a glass of celebratory champagne and - well now you know why I'm a tad bit groggy!

Saturday I met Floating Head for Culturefest in Battery Park which was only kinda interesting ... mostly just museums and cultural institutions giving away programs about what they are offering in 2007-2008, some performances - musical and dance - but not a whole lot of anything else so we were a little disappointed, although I did learn how to have an snotty attitude in German. "Na und?" means "Yeah - AND?" Come on, say it with me...and then roll your eyes exasperatedly and turn away sharply as if you can't be bothered.

So for kicks we crashed Jany's apartment in Forest Hills for some baked ziti and beer and had a good time mocking Keira Knightly's duck face and her "I'm so witty - DON'T YOU LOVE ME?!" Britishisms.

So that was my weekend! Hope yours was fun too! Don't forget to try and use "na und?" in conversation this week...because German bad attitude is fun!

0 comments: