Monday, October 22, 2007


Well my second favorite team is now in the World Series! Aren't I lucky, I can still enjoy baseball even if the Mets don't make it into the playoffs...I love the Red Sox too so I watched the past couple of games happily - favorite players? Jonathan Papelbon and Mike Lowell...I just like their whole vibe - even Manny Ramirez doesn't bother me...so as much as I like the Rockies - I always have to cheer for the underdog, you know - my heart is for Boston and so it goes...

So, you know, this weekend was quite busy apart from BaseballGameWatching ... Saturday I saw Elizabeth the Golden Age and had a funky dinner in Astoria - Turkish/Argentinian - how's that for a mix? They had this delicious dish called Red Sonja, made out of red lentils that you scooped up with lettuce and this yummy as hell dessert - semolina and honey with some vanilla ice cream and pistachios and walnuts and almonds. Yum indeed. Sunday, I was proud of myself. Yoga has returned to the schedule and we almost had a private class, just me and Floating Head - finally two other people showed up and I felt very stiff and creaky and today I'm a touch sore since its been so long but I made it back and lets make a promise that its back for good. Then it was brunch time with Jany at East of Eighth and some shopping and walking around and all in all - a good weekend.

ALSO. I must mention - although I plan to send an actual thank you of some sort - I have to do a blog shout out to Vron and Larisa. I LOVED LOVED LOVED your gifts - and your "gifts" a.k.a. TALENTS. The paintings were so wonderful, seriously, I was really touched that you took the time to make me something so beautiful and I'm framing them and putting them on the wall effective immediately. Also a bit inspiring too, because I've been wanting to try painting and sketching - so maybe I'll send you some NicoleArt someday - but most likely it will look like this:




See, that's me and Veronica flying a kite last October when she was visiting. And the sun is shining. Just know that. Larisa, should I add action sparks?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Larisa said to absolutely add action sparks! They are a must have! We're glad you enjoyed the gifts. We painted pumpkins yesterday at Larisa's mom's and I did the same painting on the pumpkin. Larisa has been sketching and painting recently, and she's actually going to be selling some things at a craft fair in a couple of weeks! I try doing something every once in a while--but then I feel dumb...even though I know I shouldn't! I should "just know that!"

Aleena the Cleric said...

You totally should not feel dumb - you are very creative and obviously, you can paint! So just KNOW THAT!! I'm going to protect my LarisaArt so that when she's a famous artist, I can say "I knew her when..."