Monday, October 01, 2007

The Mets 2007 Season R.I.P.

And that’s all I’m going to say about this weekend…my bottom lip is going to be perpetually stuck out in pouting mode until baseball season swings around again in April… boo hoo!!!

Despite the overwhelming sadness, I had a really fun weekend...on Saturday I met The Two Cousins on St. Marks and we were off to the Sunburnt Cow for lots of mimosas and laughing over silly family stories…they had never heard the Tale of Grandma, Dan, and The Enema…but we all agreed, that’s how we knew Dan was a keeper and with that, the standard has been set – no man shall enter into the family without passing The Daniel Test…a bit tipsy and still giggly, we walked around a bit, went to a street fair, got some vanilla lattes and sat outside in the luverly fall weather and then saw Eastern Promises with fellow Met Mourner, Viggo Mortensen…awesome movie, a little brutal – a word to the wise, beware of Russian men with stars tattooed on their knees…then to a bar for a two for one special while we waited with Kara until it was time for her to meet her other friends and abandon us … I had a lot of fun with the Two Cousins and hope hope hope that both Kara and Adam find their way here to live eventually – come on, think of the fun you’ll have!!

Sunday we went to the Medieval Festival at the Cloisters – you know, last year they kindly held this on my birthday in honor of me, but this year, it was moved to grandly open my Birth Month instead – let the celebrations begin, let the libations to me be poured! I'M GETTING OLD!!! WOO HOO!!!!
Then we headed down to the same place I ate dinner last year with Vron and Larissa – remember the good margaritas guys? And remember we saw Prince Vocabulary from the Massive Attack concert walk by and we decided that was an omen to buy a lottery ticket? HA! I realized the secret to me and margaritas and feeling “good” is: real juice, not mix, and good tequila. It’s the cheap stuff that gets you ill…after 3 hours of A LOT of laughing and commenting about things and people we hate and trying to figure out Dumb Boys, it was home to watch my newest reality TV must see - Kimora, Life in the Fab Lane...so all in all, a nice weekend capped off the right way and the fun I had took the sting off of the Mets game – I’m glad I wasn’t home to watch it, it would have been hard to take…OUCH indeed. Until next year, boys…

0 comments: