Monday, March 23, 2009

St. Patrick's Day WEIRDNESSES

So, I went to a St. Patrick's Day Parade in Brooklyn yesterday and saw some very weird things - and this was PRE-Guinness and PRE-Irish Coffees...

1. I was waiting for my friends on the corner and a cop in a kilt (one of the parade participants)
came up and gave me a huge hug and then said "HIGH FIVE"! Before I could protest, he was gone. I'm going to suppose he had already been a part of some pub crawl and therefore, slightly tipsy...still I saw him playing those bagpipes in the NYPD part of the parade, so there you go. Didn't affect his musical abilities any.

2. Mayor Bloomberg came up to me and shook my hand and thanked me for coming - you are welcome - it was my pleasure!

3. There was a real leprechaun marching...I swear, I'm not lying...honest to God...okay, he may have just been a really short man..nah, it was a leprechaun.

There you have it, Brooklyn is full of magical things, if you keep your eyes open and look in the right places..wink wink...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

you must have been looking hot to get the attention of a drunk cop and the mayor!!!~SW