Friday, March 06, 2009

Long time, no see

Me not write much lately..me been very busy here at work, here at life, etc...me has regressed into a big baby child, not a grown adult with only death and taxes on her mind, oh poor poor me!!!

Speaking of taxes, I did mine way ahead of schedule, the forms are in the mail and all I have to do is wait for my refund to be deposited, so YAY for moi!

Other than that, what have I been up to? What's taken me so long to post here? I've been wrapped up in STUFF with a capital S - work has been crazy but in a good way, I've even been called names because of my actions and behavior here:

1. Psycho - by my boss because I like it when he gives me system problems/issues to research and resolve

2. PeopleSoft Nerd - self-proclaimed, because I get WAY too excited when I figure something out that no one else could and we don't have to consult Oracle because they just give us the standard "Case Closed - Works as Designed" answer

3. PeopleSoft Hero - by an IT Guy because he thought Nerd was too harsh

And I've been wrapped up in my class, which I am still enjoying and still finding difficult too. I've been exceptionally good about my 3 Pages First Thing In the Morning - the first week I did 5 of 7 days and last week I did 6 out of 7 as well as most of the other tasks she laid out for us. One of the other agenda items for the class is to help you "refill the well" so to speak, to stimulate you in a creative way. So you have to go and do something outside of the home, by yourself - so watching a dvd on your couch does not count! The first week, I went to a gourmet/ethnic food market and sampled some items and last week I went to the Morgan Library (even though technically, I did this with Cousin Megan, I'm still counting it as my cultural-creativity-sparking event of the week) which we both loved by the way - it's a beautiful building, especially his original study and library. We got to see a Gutenberg Bible, I thought that was pretty cool! Now this week, I'm going - by myself - to Symphony Space to see on opera on HD film - Wagner's Das Rheingold - something different for me, so I'll report back on what I thought of it. That's kind of the point, to try things you normally wouldn't do - going to the museums are very typical of me, so this is bit out of the ordinary. Here's some photos from the performance, it's quite Cirque du Soleil, n'est-ce pas?:





Let's see what else...my mind's a bit warped from too much thinking so I think this is quite the boring update but I feel kind of exhausted ... so me going back into tarzan/ape/baby talk...me not want to write much more, me want to go home and rest my weary bones...

0 comments: