Monday, April 16, 2007

Get thee to an Ark Builder!

"And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch."


Yes, the rains are upon us! Luckily, I was able to get my Mets game in on Saturday afternoon and enjoyed a lovely day at the ballpark (albeit a bit chilly - yes Charlie, I was bundled cutely for the occasion - how else could I have enjoyed my ice cold beers on such a cold day?) even though My Mets lost. Boo hoo. But they provided some exciting moments, they almost staged a comeback in the 9th, but alas it was not to be. Oh well. I did get to see one of those R2D2 mailboxes finally - I got way too excited when Quick Draw pointed it out to me, but damn it, I didn't have my camera with me this time. On to Astoria then, where we all enjoyed a tasty Greek meal of grilled swordfish, lemon potatoes, Greek salad, and some honey-cinnamon custard type dessert they give you for free at the end.

Back to the Mets for a second. Did you watch the game on Friday? This is what I love: so they were down by one run and they send in 48 year old Julio Franco to pinch hit and he smacks the ball and drives in David Wright and they end up winning the game. How awesome is that? 48 years old!!! And he's showing the kiddies how it's done. LOVE IT. Makes me jump up and down in my living room when I see that!

Back to Saturday now. By the time I got home, the deluge began...and went on and on and on and on and on and is still pitter-pattering out there now. But the issue for me was I had to go out in it yesterday. I started my 4 week yoga intensive yesterday and poor little ole me had to battle the elements in order to become enlightened and in shape. It wasn't that bad, actually. Come on, once you are wet, you are wet - not much you can do about it except plaster on a fake smile and pretend you don't care, pretend you aren't uncomfortable as the icky water sloshes between your wet socks despite the fact that your boots are supposed to be waterproof.

But hey, Yoga was cool. I know most of this stuff already, this is more like a refresher for me so that I get back in the habit of doing it on a regular basis and its always more interesting to practice with a group. And I really love just going to Integral - I feel very comfortable there and its just a very welcoming type of place. The building, the rooms, the people who work there, all have a peaceful vibe and you can't help but absorb that in when you are there. So the class was 2 hours and then I was feeling so cheery and good about myself that I walked a bit in the downpour - I was soaked anyway, so who cares, remember? - and went to Barnes and Noble to look at books for an hour or so. I bought one on mantras and meditation and another on Kundalini Yoga and then went to Starbucks to read them and sip a much deserved Vanilla Latte.

Hmmmm...I think that's all for now...nothing much else to report... but you'll be the first to know if any breaking news should occur.... stay tuned :-)

Oh - new favorite-can't-get-it-out-of-my-head-song alert!! In the Margins by Echo and the Bunnymen from Siberia - beautiful beautiful beautiful:

Tuck me in
I need to sleep now
I need dream how
I used to dream
Look me in the face now
Help me believe howI used to believe
Now do you see how
They're in the margins
Below and up aboveI'll see now
How life wins
When all that's left is love

Row me in

Lessen my heart, love
Loosen my soul, love
Spirits and dreams
Hope begins
Right at the start of
The search for the gold, love
In the driving rain
Now do you see how
We're in the margins
We're below and up above
I see now
How life wins
When we're all that's left is love
We're all that’s left
Of love
all that’s left is love
all that’s left of love

0 comments: