Monday, April 30, 2007

A Rosa Crapicana Weekend

Look at how pretty my niece Allie is!! She had her First Communion yesterday:




So my weekend sort of sucked. I went to Rosa Mexicana on Friday - I cannot stress this enough. DO NOT GO TO ROSA MEXICANA. EVER. It's horrible, it's crap, it doesn't deserve to be associated with anything Mexican. The food was mediocre, I paid 24 bucks for 5 unflavorful shrimp over a huge bed of a rice and salsa mixture that was way too spicy to eat. So I told the waitress and they brought me something else, but again - mediocre - and the night was already blowing. The pomegranate margaritas were good, but again, overpriced and you can get much better ones (and larger) at Cilantro and Panchitos or Ranchos. And the food is better in all three of those places. So then I went home and slept for about an hour and then was wide awake until about 5:30am. So I called Quick Draw and told her there was no way I could make her 7:30 pickup to go the walkathon and gratefully, she understood. I need my sleep otherwise I'm a beast of a human being. Grumpy isn't even the word. Bitch is more like it. Ha. So I slept until noon and thank god there was something on TV to distract me from my bad-sleep-deprived mood:

An America's Next Top Model Marathon on MTV. You don't know how that saved me from utter despair, but it did.

And Sunday was Yoga Day. I have to keep this up, I have to, for my mental health at the very least. Because I was still riding the icky mood train and then when I got there, all of it dissolved and I felt downright happy again afterwards. So I treated myself to a rainforest superfoods juice drink from their grocery store - where the staff is SO unbelievably friendly, so Om Shanti right back to you, cashier dude - I forget how it's those little niceties that make people's day. A "hi, how are you, beautiful day isn't it?" is more than enough sometimes to shapeshift a negative person into a positive one.

And then, I get home and I check out the day's baseball scores and I see:
Yankees - LOST
Mets - WIN.
I won't get into how happy that makes me, at the risk of offending my many Yankee Fan Friends. But I will say this, I really like Joe Torre and I will be sad if he gets fired and some other city gets to have him. It's all a cycle, the Yankees have had many good years and a lot of luck and a lot of success and now its just a downturn of that cycle.

But the Mets - woo hoo!

So that's all for now - congrats also going out to my dear Mervyn who got a new job (although I have yet to hear all the details) but what I have heard sounds super cool and I think she will be happier and maybe she'll have summers off and can come and visit her New York Peeps more often?? PLEASE?? Or maybe I need to go to Texas...that's an idea...

0 comments: