Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Good Saturday

After yoga, Floating Head and I had brunch at Maracas, where we did the anti-yoga thing (again!) of getting hungover by 3pm. Damn you Mexican all you can drink brunch!! It isn’t so much we drank a lot, we have both noticed that we can’t drink anymore – after 1 glass of something, it becomes like poison – we both get weary, headachy, tummy all upset. And therefore, drinking becomes less fun because what’s the point if you don’t feel good? Either way, we giggled a lot and then headed up to the Rubin Museum of Himalayan Art ( http://www.rmanyc.org/home.cfm ) which is SUPER COOL. I ‘ll bet you’ve walked past it before, not knowing what lies beyond those glass doors. This is such a beautiful, peaceful space, I’d pay the 10$ admission fee to just hang out there for the day and chill before all the (mostly) Buddhist art. There was a guy playing beautiful Indian sitar music, there was an artist making a sand mandala and we sat and watched him patiently lay out the inner circle of blue and black sand – it will take 9 days for him to finish the whole thing. When he is finished, there is typically a destruction ceremony and so the beauty of the artwork is only temporary and like most things, fleeting. So check it out while you can - I suppose that’s the lesson :-)We could have watched him for hours – it was very calming – and usually this is done by Buddhist monks as a meditative thing and its easy to see why. But 6 floors of beautiful images, statues, objects – so I highly recommend coming here when you need to feel better or just to find some peace of mind.
Since the Good Saturday, the rest of this week has been crappy. I’m feeling down, tired, overwhelmed, etc. The Boss is out all week and there is so much going on at work that I’m trying to handle on my own without getting stressed out and yet, I seem to find myself running ragged. I keep trying to fight it out and hopefully, I’ll go to sleep and wake up to a better mood tomorrow. I think I just have that let-down feeling – I used to get it at the end of summer vacation, coming back from a trip, or that Sunday night feeling when you know you have to go to school tomorrow and you feel just a little bit blue.


Oh well to you Ms.BadMoodThat'sAllInMyHead. I say to you, with my fist raised: Om Shanti, BITCH. (ha ha..that's jsut for Floating Head to giggle over).

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

take me there to celebrate