Friday, August 31, 2007

The State of Blahness

Not much to report on this end of the world...tonight, I'll be having some Japanese food and then free happy hour at the Museum of Design but I have absolutely no major plans this weekend, other than to go to yoga, go to Astoria to visit the abode of Cousin Megan (and maybe play some Wii) and then see Superbad - all of which should put me in a better mood. This has been a bad, bad, mad week. I'm praying for a beautiful, peaceful weekend that will make me feel less like wearing my UGH boots all the time and ready to kick ass at random, or wanting to push old ladies onto train tracks and wishing certain people would wipe their happy smiles off of their stupid happy faces ... sigh ... I know, I sound a bit bitter, well I've had a terrible week ... with one small exception that I hope, I hope, I hope...oh nevermind...the least said, the better....

"A religious person is one who contributes to the world some beauty, some joy, some happiness, some celebration that was not there before."
- Osho

May you all be religious at some point this long weekend - I know I'm hoping to be.


And P.S. to My Retired Persons: if you had been home this weekend, instead of on a three-week idyll in OveroyeLand, I totally would have hopped on a plane to see you..that's how EXASPERATED I am ... maybe some other weekend ...!!

0 comments: