Monday, August 06, 2007

Rattled, Sweaty, and Tired

So my weekend was not calm, cool, and collected. I initially had no plans and yet that boring schedule turned into:

Seeing The Bourne Ultimatum - highly recommended, very action-packed and fun - walking to Chinatown (where I "Crossed Delancey" but did not meet a Pickle Man - Mom!) for noodle soup and red bean buns, then browsing in stores in Soho, then getting up early on Sunday - despite being really tired - and trying to fit in one chapter of Harry Potter and cup of coffee before rush rushing to yoga at 9 am, and having train delays and run running, only to get there at 10 am on the dot and seeing Floating Head waving to me. We had both forgotten that they are closed on Sundays for the month of August. DRAT! So...we decided to go to the Buddhist temple in Chinatown for our spiritual dose for the day since we couldn't go to yoga.

After receiving our good fortunes (probability of success: excellent!), we headed up to Chelsea for brunch and then up to 72nd and Columbus for a street fair where goodies for our upcoming adventure to Arizona were purchased - a sun hat, a cute top, a cute skirt, etc... one fruit smoothie later, we head downtown to yet another street fair in the 50's and then we passed out and sang "east side, west side, all around the town...". Well okay, thats not true, but we were weary and so headed back to my neighborhood for Indian food at the Jackson Diner. Then it was home - thank god! - to take a 30 minute power nap and to gear up for finishing Harry Potter and watching Tom Glavine win his 300 game - he's a good guy (unlike some OTHER noteworthy baseball players who had a big weekend - ahem, A-Scrod (thanks to Vox for that nickname) and Barry Roid King Bonds -EW - and it was fun to watch him reach that amazing milestone.

BUT, at the same time I was watching that, I was getting very emotional over Harry Potter. I won't go into details just in case anyone reading this hasn't read the book yet, except to say that I loved this book, I think she did a terrific job at completing the storyline - I felt heartbroken over "The Prince's Tale" chapter and I got quite teary-eyed over the "The Forest Again" and "King's Cross" - I didn't expect to, but I did. I wasn't really into these books at first, but by the Prisoner of Azkaban, I was hooked and now here I am, sad that they are finished. Oh well, two more movies to look forward to...

And that be the end of that...now its Monday and I'm just holding on until Thursday night when I am officially in vacation mode...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! A-Scrod! You remembered!

- Vox

Aleena the Cleric said...

I always think of him (oh so fondly) as A-Scrod! Whenever I see those mean, soulless eyes, I think..A-Scrod... :-)