Thursday, September 13, 2007

One more reason to love Viggo Mortensen..

As if you need any more reasons, but this one is the bestest so far... so I'm watching him on David Letterman last night and I find out.. Aragorn is HUGE Mets fan!!! He tried to get Dave to go the game at Shea with him after the taping of the show and he teased Dave about being a Yankee fan and gave him a gold Mets pin ... aw, total SWOON...

You, Michael Vartan and Jerry Seinfeld have publicly proclaimed your love for the Mets. Explain how you got started.

Mortensen: I was about 11 when I came to the U.S. in '69. I got a crash course in baseball that October when the Mets won the World Series. Even though we moved to northern New York -- it was a Yankees town if anything -- the Mets were my team from then on. I've stuck with them through thick and thin. If I'm in town when they come to L.A., I'll see them play. It's not any easier being a Mets fan than it is being a fan of San Lorenzo. You have to have a lot of perseverance -- that's what being a fan is about. You can't be a bandwagon guy. When we began shooting Lord of the Rings in New Zealand in '00 there was a guy who taped the Subway Series games when we were working, and I would watch them late at night. God, that was hard to watch. It was crushing. Horrible. It made me want to kill some more in the next scene. Or at least kill a certain pitcher.

0 comments: