Sunday, September 23, 2007

G'day Milady!

It was a very very g'day...at the Renaissance Faire yesterday...but today I'm at work, sadly. Yes, I know, you all mourn for me but really, it's not so bad...except I'm coming down with something - a cold or some such nonsense - so I'd rather be lying on a couch doing nothing but dozing and wanting my mommy to come and nurse me back to health with hot cocoa and grilled cheese sandwiches, but unfortunately, its just me, a granola bar and a cup of coffee to go to be swilled on the E train as I am forced to go to work... ah well, such is life... yesterday was lovely and so that's good enough to make it a swell weekend. We took the bus at 10am and by 11 we were transported back to the 17th century where we were quick to fall in love with the very handsome and burly Renaissance Dudes all over the place...

So the formula to get us all giggly and flirty is:
the leather arm guards + a kilt + big black boots with a dagger or sword = SWOON-WORTHY!

Floating Head fell in love with the Watering Hole Man, who used the above formula plus served us beer and mead to cast his spell upon her... we bought some pretty jewels - of course - listened to some madrigals, tried on corsets but decided that the "ladies" were popping out WAY too much, had our fortunes told and we were given juju and got rid of our "bad" juju, strolled the grounds some more and then back on the bus for the city, where we had burritos and margaritas at - yes, Vox - Blockheads - and discussed the possible formation of the NYC extension of TAPS and then home sweet home...

So now I'm done at work, I hope the Mets are winning - I see our prayers have been working because they are still in first place...only one more week of baseball!! I'm heading home to drink tea with honey and hope I don't get full blown sick...may the rest of your weekend be filled with good juju!!

0 comments: