Monday, July 14, 2008

Just a few Murakami pics for you - no photography was allowed (I got screamed at a few times!) but I snuck a few in...the exhibit was cool, just because his stuff is cool but we felt like there should have been more to it - and more cutesy gift store stuff - like prints or postcards of the works, at least give me cute stickers or a pen with a character on top. But nothing really - although it was the final day of the show so maybe the store was super picked over? Also, we lucked out big time in getting there when we did - we left at about 3:30 and the line to get in circled out the door and was super crazy, so yay for us - we came, we saw, we conquered.

A Mister Softee seemed in order (since the truck was parked RIGHT THERE, why not, yes?) and then a leisurely walk to 7th Ave in Park Slope, a little window shopping and a little real shopping, and then a soothing Italian dinner - relaxing, outside, their patio enclosed by trees so it made us feel like we were removed from the city and the noise and all the hullabaloo a bit - quite a perfect end to the weekend - which was a little crazy and I felt as if I'd been on the go a little too much than I had planned to be. Once again, I seemed to not be home very much - how did that happen? And you know I got home in time to watch the Mets win their 9th in a row...so yes, a pretty good weekend all around







0 comments: