Friday, July 25, 2008

Let us raise a glass, for the work week is TOAST

Shall we toast to it? It was another good week - I wasn't feeling very confident about it earlier but it has ended finely and Santa has delivered yet another metaphorical Red Rider BB Gun under the proverbial Christmas tree and so to quote Ralphie, "all is right with the world".

I have a huge to do list so large, it gives me heart palpitations - most notably:
1. magically turn gray hair to blonde and brown streaks
2. do massive amounts of laundry - I will admit to buying more pairs of underwear over the past week or so in order to avoid doing it but the time is come - carpe diem!!

Now its 5pm and my boss was off today and I thought I'd accomplish some of this terrifying to do list - but alas and alack, I was swamped, overrun with Other People's Issues, all work/conversion related and I feel my teeth grinding down to a fine powder, I'm holding my jaw so tight. RELAX.

And by the by: the Mets are now sole owners of 1st Place. At least for now - that can all change this weekend, so I'm enjoying the moment while I can. Sometimes, one day is all you get, so make the most of it .

I've also forgotten to mention - to those of you keeping track of my culinary adventures - I tried sweetbreads last Saturday. And I LOVED them. The dish was veal sweetbreads - I found out it can be thymus gland or pancreas, but I have no clue which one I ate - mixed with veal liver, chicken bits, and sausage. This in no way puts me on the same level as Sexy Megan (who eats and seduces everyone) - her recent list of conquests include blood sausage, sweetbreads, and kidney - did I miss anything? She's got tastebud and stomach cojones!

And another reason to love Jimmy Kimmel? Apart from the fact that I think he's pretty funny, is from Las Vegas and I grew up with his cousin in Girl Scouts and I know his Aunt Chippy, he is putting Ed McMahon back to work by using him to do on-show commercials (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25852011/) I was wondering when someone, anyone, would help Ed out ...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you bought new undies instead of reusing the least dirty ones!! Eww!
Snow