Friday, July 10, 2009

La Catrina Mariposa

I meant to post these pics when I returned from The Texas Trip so that my mom could see what I was talking about when I told her how much I coveted (and then of course bought) this catrina doll. I've named her Mariposa, as Milette was with me when I bought her and she told me with some certainty " her name begins with an M, I'm sure of it, something like Mari..." and I came to Mariposa - Spanish for butterfly - so you know the whole Life/Death/Rebirth thing. Perfecto!

I like how first, you might go up to her, as she sits on her chair (purchased especially for her to sit upon) and you just think you are conversing with a fancy lady, all glittery and feathery.



She beckons you to come closer and as you lean in, perhaps to tell her a secret or share some gossip, you silently scream and freeze in horror because you realize...



- she is a skeleton lady!!!

And while I'm at it, a most Happy Friday to you all - today has been a good day - I had a Blockheads lunch with The Bushwick Bird and Her Hubby and then was suprised by a "thank you" piece of cake when I returned to my desk, all to cap off a good week, the first one I've had in over a month, I do believe. So thanks to all those who participated in making ME smile.

0 comments: