Thursday, July 28, 2005

Looking for fun and feeling groovy...

la la la la la..feeling groovy...that's because I'm home, in Las Vegas, I'm feeling relaxed and well-rested already, I'm sleeping well (i.e. a normal amount - when stressed/unhappy, I tend to either sleep way too much - escapist - or way too little - masochist). When I get stressed out, I also get ugly, so I feel I look better too - my skin loses color, I get blotches (stress marks I call them, it's this skin virus that I have that I got in college...something related to chicken pox the doctor said), my eyes get swollen (lack of sleep) and stay red, etc, you get the idea...I've just been laying around reading (Kate Braverman's Lithium for Medea...she's a beautiful writer, but a lot of metaphors, so if you don't like that sort of poetic writing, you won't appreciate her, but I LOVE it) and watching Audrey Hepburn movies and a little cooking...last night was The Children's Hour and Robin and Marian and lentil stew with spinach...today maybe Two for the Road and a pizza from scratch? A little later, I plan to lay in the sun a bit and then when Mom gets home from work, maybe a little shopping...one of my favorite things to do when I come home is go to Target and Walmart...I don't know why, but I love both places and actually get excited about shopping there - why is that? OOOHH let's go to Target! My blood races at the thought...ha ha ha... well, you gotta gets your kicks where you can, who am I to question what little things make me happy... they have cheap makeup, cheap tshirts, cheap shoes... and for a cheap, broke girl like me, it makes perfect sense... alrighty, so on to the rest of my day... I think I'll go read outside and finish my morning coffee...did I mention it's only 9am and already 95 degrees?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep emailing you at work but you don't answer, did you go somewhere?

- Z.A.

Anonymous said...

Did you do your PS work yet?
- Vox