Thursday, July 06, 2006

Lady of the Flies

So all it's been doing is raining and thundering and storming lately around here...and part of me likes it because it hasn't been really super hot yet and we are already in July. But, hello, weather gods, this is not the rainforest...enough with the storms already. Now, I guess when I moved in to the apt, I didn't check the windows very well, because SOMEONE left them open - all of them - at the top and I never noticed. Until last night that is. Because GIANT FLIES seemed to have taken over my apt. Big, fat, ugly, buzzing, dive-bombing, crazy flies. We used to get them in Las Vegas in the summer but I remember them more towards the end of the summer and they seemed to die by autumn. So I'm setting up my laptop and arranging my desk (presumably to maybe try and write something) and I see them fly by, like 10 of them, all near my ears and they were really fast and zooming all over the place and I couldn't see where they were...anyway, it took me a good hour to kill them all. I tried to save them and I opened the windows wide and shooshed them that way but they wouldn't leave peacefully. So I got the roach spray out to gas them and nearly gassed myself. Anyway, I felt a bit as if a plague had taken over my home - you know in scary movies, the first indication that evil is present seems to be a large amount of flies...hmmmm.... the only thing that helped me feel better was watching a Blur concert on TV - ah, now I'm back in love with Damon Albarn








and listening to Think Tank as I write this...and eating a doughnut, someone just brought in dougnuts and yippee, that goes great with my coffee...which I will have to drink by the truckload because after gassing myself with the roach spray and then another storm started up, I coudn't sleep. And I was already exhausted because I didn't sleep much the night before. So I kept waking up and then finally got up at 4 for awhile and watched some show on PBS about Yellowstone Park and felt very frustrated and let down because I was really looking forward to sleeping a lot!!

I'm a tad bit grumpy today with a lot of work to do and I know I'm rambling bit but I got all excited about Blur again (my favorite song that he sang was This is a Low, which I love anyway, but it sounded really AWESOME live - the only other time I think I've heard them live is on David Letterman and he sang Out of Time really simply and beautifully).

Okay. Back to doughnut, coffee, and work, in that order.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blogging!!!

Aleena the Cleric said...

You just like the picture of Damon all cute in Africa, I'll bet, more than my blogging!!...look at him, studying with the West African musicians...

Anonymous said...

He's a bit too Art School Posh for me! ;)