Monday, July 31, 2006

Look For The Silver Lining

Well there is none...it's just plain old hot. Which is fine if you are outside, but I'm not, I'm stuck inside and I feel sick it's so hot. Will they let me go home soon???

It's easier to deal with the heat when you are doing fun things, a la this weekend. Such as: dinner at my favorite Thai place in Astoria on Friday complete with my favorite little peanut dumplings. Then I saw Lady in the Water on Saturday (which I totally liked, it's like a grown up fairy tale and there were lots of funny bits b/c M. Night is not taking himself too seriously here, it's supposed to be a FUN movie, an adult bedtime story kind of thing), went to Trader Joe's Wine Store, had a 3$ beer and free pizza (I won't say where, because it's a little known secret and I'm not about to have it overrun by the likes of YOU...I will say it's between 1st and 2nd avenues...) and then yesterday Floating Head and I had brunch and went SHOPPING! Target, cute shoes, lots of good stuff was purchased. Then - a complete pass out. I went to bed super early, I was just too tired by all the running around. And that's about it, I have nothing else to say...except that I would love to go visit Snow White and be cool and watch War Games with her...but I can't right now...maybe in Sept. if I don't go anywhere else? I need a little break soon though! I don't think I can hold out until Xmas for a vacation...

Okay, back to the HEAT. Anyone out there feel bad for me? Good!

0 comments: