Thursday, July 13, 2006

My fellow Barnard Smartie!

HA! I couldn't have said it better:

Madeleine Albright scored a rimshot as the keynote speaker at a WBNA lunch in the city yesterday. "I'm not a person who thinks the world would be entirely different if it was run by women," the former secretary of state said. "If you think that, you've forgotten what high school was like."

And on another note, I got a surprise phone call last night from Mervyn! She is coming to visit in October, right around my birthday!!!! - to see me, yes, but also...to see Massive Attack!! Superbeyondexciting news! And...hopefully..cross your fingers please...Elizabeth Fraser will be singing with them...please oh please oh please, I've never forgiven myself for not seeing her when the lovely Cocteau Twins were still together and then they had to go and breakup and the chance of seeing her live was lost forever...I'm excited about Massive Attack OF COURSE, but seeing her would be the only birthday present I want this year.
















So this has been the week of movies - I think I saw a total of two last year and so far this week, I've seen three - the Da Vinci Code on Saturday because I got to the park before 8am and I still didn't get Shakespeare in the Park tickets so we just sat there for most of the day lounging on the grass and then we went to the theater for the movie (which I loved - don't listen to the critics, you have to understand that the same media that controls your news, also wants to control what you see, what you listen to, etc - but maybe this is a whole separate blog post...because what I did on Sunday was buy the Messianic Legacy, the sequel to Holy Blood Holy Grail and this awesome book about Mary Magdalene, by Margaret Starbird and all of it got me thinking...anyway) and then I also saw Superman Returns in 3D at the IMAX theater on Sunday - which I also liked but I think mainly due to the fact that Superman (along with Gregory Peck in Roman Holiday) is one of the most perfect looking males I've ever seen. Simply. Amazing. Then, last night I saw Pirates of the Caribbean with Floating Head and VuDolicious which I also REALLY liked - I only saw parts of the first one but this was hysterical, mostly because of Johnny Depp - brilliant! So there you go, an abbreviated round up of my week so far - uneventful except for the many movies...but I have a bit of the flu today and still have one more movie to see - that being a free screening of Borat at the Director's Guild. When will I rest? Maybe on Saturday at the Sleepover at Floating Head's - there are promises of pizza, kir royales, hair braiding, pillow fights in our nighties...what more could anyone ask for? :-D

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited--can't wait for October to get here! Did you get my flight itinerary? I thought I'd emailed it--but you never know these days! Things are crazy (and so am I)!