Monday, April 06, 2009

Cupcakes or Footballs and Baseballs Too

It was a co-worker's birthday today, so I made her some cupcakes that were supposed to be in the shape of Easter eggs...HOWEVER - there must be a trick to using this baking pan, they came out sort of lumpy and then once frosted with chocolate they looked more like footballs or bunny poop.

I got myself sick licking the batter, but as there is no Snow White/Heather here to compete with, the beaters and bowl are all mine...MWAH HA HA!!! I might have overdosed on the frosting too, and maybe, just maybe, taking a hit from the sprinkles. I'll put it this way, when I brushed my teeth before going to bed last night, my tongue was dyed red and no matter how much I brushed and spit, that pesky red wouldn't come out. Out, damned spot!

And its that time of year again, yes, it is officially Baseball Season 2009...I'm not feeling too great about my Mets, but I'll keep a low profile until June or so - then we'll see if I'm hurrahing or hiding. They sure played crappily on Saturday when I got to check out the new stadium for the exhibition game against the Red Sox, my second favorite team. The new stadium is AWESOME - very elegant I thought and laid out well, with lots of space and it's all open so no matter where you are, you can see the field and the game perfectly. But - there's always a but - it was freezing cold and so windy and stormy that we left in the 7th inning. We sat there as long as we could, shivering, but did you know that beer at 2 in the afternoon helps kill the pain of being uncomfortable? Well it does - for awhile anyway. I headed home and was literally so chilled to the bone, that I had to take a hot hot shower and ended up taking a nap because I had to get under the covers to warm up.

Today's another winner of a day -blustery, rainy, stormy - might have even been hailing a moment ago. In short, it's oh so very April. But if April showers bring May flowers, what do Mayflowers bring?

PILGRIMS!!!

hee hee hee... you know you giggled, despite the corniness

And hey, check out Satan's Facebook page - it's a RIOT! http://www.pcworld.com/zoom?id=162166&page=1&zoomIdx=5

0 comments: