Thursday, April 09, 2009

So it's now 5:41 and do you know that I am just now waking up? I mean, I'm at work and have been out of bed since 8:30 or so, but I've been in a weird/altered state all day - very groggy, as if I never quite got out of the dreams I had been having prior to waking up. This has actually been going on for about a week but today, it was particularly worse. I've been having super duper heavy sleep with strange/ugly/bizarre dreams/nightmares - they aren't really nightmares, but they are beyond vivid with somewhat disturbing images - last night had me at work but the space was more like a large loft and there were these awful maimed and bloody homeless creature-like people coming in asking for help - they all looked like even grosser versions of Sloth from The Goonies:
Nothing particularly scary happened there, but they were just...icky.
When I woke up, I just felt very heavy and slow moving and I kept doing things wrong or making mistakes - like getting on the wrong train to get to work - I ran to just make it and as we're moving along, I realize I'm on an F not an E.
Shit.
But no biggie, I just get out at 63rd and Lex and walk the 4 blocks to the 6 and get to work no later than usual really and then I had a sort of complex query to work on and I have my own handwritten instructions in front of me on how to do it (because I only have to do this once a month and I just knew I'd forget) and I'm looking at it like its been written in hieroglyphics. Took me a good hour to figure out "okay, how did I do this ever before, this makes no sense". I tried walking around a bit at lunch, thinking the nice sunny day and the fresh air would quicken my step - but no. And I'm all sore, my legs and arms, as if played tennis or something yesterday that I haven't done in a long time - why? What did I do during the night, exercise in my sleep? Is that why I'm all groggy and out of it?
It's a mystery... so just now, as I started this post, I woke up, like BING!!! SNAP!!! CRACKLE!!! I'm awake, I'm alive!
Now that I finally have the energy and the mind power, there's so little to do and so much time left in the day...
STRIKE THAT - reverse it....

0 comments: