Monday, September 25, 2006

"And the silicon chip inside her head gets switched to overload..."

I'm exhausted and irritated.

I slept terribly all weekend, despite the fact that I DESPERATELY need to rest. I'm completely out of gas. And yet, depsite this, I had a pretty fun weekend. I had a lovely Friday evening, which is exactly what I needed after my 2 weeks in hell, but probably should have stopped at two margaritas and not had three. But whatever, it kept the giggles going and I thought, well when I get home I'll go straight to sleep and be knocked out. Not the case. I did my normal thing of waking up at 4 a.m., couldn't fall back to sleep until 6:30 and then got up at 10 a.m., completely useless. I showered, drank some coffee and at 12:30 or so, decided to go right back to bed for a good hour and a half more sleep. And when I woke up I was STILL tired. I can't shake it. Repeated the same routine above on Saturday night and so again, I woke up at 10 after sleeping so terribly, very irritated and in a BAD MOOD. But this was brightened by a trip to Ikea, complete with Swedish meatballs and lingonberry sauce, a lot of cool yet cheap items and then two beers, a glass of wine and some really fantastic french fries at a great Irish pub near Penn Station, which looks, strangely enough, just like The Shire homes in Bend, Oregon - which means I don't have to move to Oregon - I 'll just go here all the time. Even the bathrooms were cute. No round hobbit doors, alas...

And now I don't feel like I slept much at all again and The Boss is still out sick and I'm worried that too much will be asked of me today and I don't have the resources to handle it... well I'm armed with supercoffee now and I hope my mood lifts SOON. Otherwise, you'll need to say a prayer for those who encounter me today....BEWARE! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

0 comments: