Thursday, September 07, 2006

SO:

I have returned from the Pacific Northwest and I am intact! I felt very ill on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday - but not quite what the Family had I think. I felt very dizzy and nauseated but that could have been another, lets say "monthly" factor at work because I had a little "issue" because of that. At any rate, I'm glad I rested well in Idaho as well as sleeping so much on Sunday and Monday because - WORK IS CRAZY! I feel like we went back in time to a year ago when we were converting to PeopleSoft and I was here late and on weekends and everything was GO GO GO!

Well I don't mind really. It's all somewhat interesting and I'm constantly being called upon to learn new things or troubleshoot or develop workarounds and I'm getting included in a ton of meetings and becoming more of a key player I guess you could say in the bigger picture around here, which is sort of cool. It's frustrating when you are low man (or woman) on the totem pole and you can see what is wrong but when you speak up, no one really listens or asks you to contribute. And since the PS thing happened, I'm getting to speak and actually have the so-called Higher-Ups actually ask for my input and listen to what I have to say. And that's a good thing, as Martha would say. It's more pressure, sure, but I also think I've gained a lot of confidence in myself because of all of this so I'm handling it well (in my opinion!)
Basically from now until the first part December, things are going to be NUTS and I have a feeling I'm going to be EXHAUSTED by Christmas. So I need to get my sleep and my vitamins in, don't I? Right now we are testing patches and updates so I've had to come in early (read 9:30 instead of 10:15) and stay late and then we roll right into Open Enrollment and web testing next week and have daily call-in sessions with our D.C. Consultant to learn how the two of us (Barf and I) are going to make all of this happen by Sept. 25th. Now, this weekend, I'm going to both the women's and men's final at the US Open and then next weekend, I most likely have to work both days and then Mervyn and Company will be in town and so again - NUTS!!

A final thanks, by the way, to Snow White and her Dwarves! I had a SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPEALIDOCIOUS time with you guys, despite the sickness and finding out the truth behind my most embarassing moment...the next time I'm in town, I'll treat you all (especially Dan Sandwich since he's never been there) at the yummy Asian Bistro and I'll even wear overalls, high heels ... and a cap! Ha ha ha ha!! I miss and love you all very much!
Enjoy the pics below - I'll be making actual prints for Judy and the Parents and Snow White I think because some of these are just too cute!

0 comments: