Tuesday, September 23, 2008

CRAZYCRAZYCRAZYCRAZYCRAZEDLADY

that would be me ... this is the final week of our conversion to the new version of our database and software and I'm a mad mad woman but if you can keep your head about you while others are losing theirs ... eh, whatever, I'm just crazed but keeping my head above water and taking a little time out to blog and vent before
I head home to rest my weary bones. So it will all come to a conclusion this Thursday where I have to basically sleep with one eye open - so the Boss says -
all night and keep my remote access up on my laptop so that I can fix any system issues that pop up during the IT Dudes first night shift. Seriously, I have to set my alarm for 3:30 am so that I can wake up and "do something" because that's what it says on our task list. Then, weekend work for sure - I get a small break on Saturday evening when I will be stepping out to see Pete Seeger in Brooklyn, how freaking excited am I??!!! - but topped off by having to come in Sunday night at 1:30 am to work work work to validate and make sure every final thing is in place and working before officially going live on Monday morning. So the plan is, get a car service to get me here at 1am or so, then however long it takes me to do my piece, but hopefully I get to take that car right back home by 5 or 6am and then come back to work around noon. SHIT.

I'm trying to take it easy but still. SHIT.

But I'm still smiling and giggling and that's something - and I mustered enough strength to make cupcakes today for all the guys here (yes, I'm trying to win their love through their stomachs...wouldn't you?) and they were specifically Mets RallyCakes - which just means I frosted them in orange and blue. And yes, I was loved by all because of them. So yay for cupcakes and lets hope they can spur the Mets on to that coveted Wild Card (I think they are out of winning the division) - and before you ask, yes, cupcakes DO have the power to conjure wins in sporting events - just ask Michael Phelps what he ate before each of his races in Beijing. I'll bet Mommy Phelps was cooking with Betty Crocker, don't you? Perhaps even Duncan Hines? Come on, you know I'm on to something...

CUPCAKE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: