Friday, September 05, 2008

Tropical Storm Alert for NYC??!!

Yes, Hurricane Hanna is on her way, folks, and that means BATTEN DOWN THOSE HATCHES!!! To those of you who have hatches anyhow... meanwhile, this week - shortened as it was - had me looking like Durer's Melancholia - see, she looks like me, right down to the nose!!

Work was CRAZY (and will continue to be until November so I might as well get used to it) as you can tell (because I did not a lick of blogging this week until now) but I earned big kudos from those up on high and promises of "good things" to come, so I hope this generates some more nice buzz my way - and I learned that I'm getting a birthday visit from two of My Favorite Persons this Monday as I cleaned and rearranged and spruced up my living quarters with my IKEA purchases - see I must have known guests were on the way! So something to look forward to yet again. Things seem to work out that way, don't they? It's always something on its way...other items on the gratitude list?


*Mets are playing well and still in 1st place (and the Yankees are NOT).

*I found song files - at long last - from my secret treasure band from the 80's, The Sound. Everything that I wanted was out of print and they aren't releasing them anytime soon but I got Shock of Daylight and Hearts and Heads.

*Still on the yoga bandwagon


*Ate healthily, slept 8 hours or more, and didn't drink any alcohol - yet (!)


*In a generally decent mood for the most part - this will change depending on the outcome of Mets games this weekend though!

* Am having a love affair with Leonard Cohen. I "liked" him before but then I watched the documentary/tribute concert "I'm Your Man" and fell completely in love. I would just like him to live nearby and be available to stop by and chat about things over tea or have him tell me stories or read to me. That's all. Favorite Song? At the moment, Tower of Song or Sisters of Mercy but I did love Rufus Wainwright doing Hallelujah - just lovely.

Oh the sisters of mercy, they are not departed or gone.
They were waiting for me when I thought that I just can't go on.
And they brought me their comfort and later they brought me this song.
Oh I hope you run into them, you who've been travelling so long.
Yes you who must leave everything that you cannot control.
It begins with your family, but soon it comes around to your soul.
Well I've been where you're hanging, I think I can see how you're pinned:
When you're not feeling holy, your loneliness says that you've sinned.
Well they lay down beside me, I made my confession to them.
They touched both my eyes and I touched the dew on their hem.
If your life is a leaf that the seasons tear off and condemn
they will bind you with love that is graceful and green as a stem.
When I left they were sleeping, I hope you run into them soon.
Don't turn on the lights, you can read their address by the moon.
And you won't make me jealous if I hear that they sweetened your night:
We weren't lovers like that and besides it would still be all right,
We weren't lovers like that and besides it would still be all right.


But most importantly, I'm soon to be having good visitors and I can't wait to laugh my ass off!! LITERALLY. And eat pizza. While looking at the Engrish website.

0 comments: