Saturday, September 27, 2008

LOSER!!

WHO IN THE HELL GOES TO WORK AT 8PM ON A SATURDAY NIGHT??!!

Me, I guess. So I get a call at noon, IT guys are way ahead of schedule, so now it's looking more like I'm coming in at 11pm tonight but it's a possibility that we can just come in early tomorrow morning. Fine. At 2pm, I head out to Brooklyn for my Pete Seeger concert, have a GRAND OLE time with Pete and Grandson Tao - FABULOUSITY!!! But I get a text message from the Boss - come in time is now 9pm. So here I am, armed with a vanilla latte and a turkey sandwich and some supergreen juice - come on people, lets VALIDATE DATA AND RUN SOME QUERIES!!!!

Well it's a bit spooky here since the Boss can't get here until 10:30 and all the IT dudes are on the 11th and 17th floors - I'm all alone...creepy creepy, so I'm blasting my iPod to keep me company..

So that's all for now - just had to report:

*Working late late late

*The Mets are STILL ALIVE!!

* Pete and Tao Seeger are most awesomely awesome...and they sang This Little Light of Mine, which was a surprise and I love that song...and they got an encore and came back out and sang Guantanamera and Pete still has all the energy and enthusiasm he seemed to have in his youth and he made me smile - and he's a such a great storyteller and leader, who else could have gotten a tent full of New Yorkers to sing along to She'll Be Coming Around the Mountain, complete with sounds and gestures, This Land is Your Land, and Turn Turn Turn. I would have loved to have heard Waist Deep in the Big Muddy, but I guess that's a little too "political" for a family event. Oh. Well. Pete ROCKED and I got to be 4 rows of people away from him and that's all that matters.

0 comments: