Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Greetings from the Land of Potatoes

So today is Wednesday, and there is a flu bug about Snow White's cottage in the woods...first Jacob had it on Saturday night and now Snow White and Prince Charming have it and Allie and I are knocking on wood that we aren't the next victims....stay tuned for the vomit alert!

So I arrived on Friday and since then I've had lots of fun and cuddles and am currently being licked and slobbered on by both puppies - one just tongued my calf as I'm typing this - EW!! But it means they love me (so I was told). Or I've got salty skin and they just like the way I taste. Anyway, we went to the North Idaho County Fair on Saturday and ate beef jerky, corn dogs, snow cones and curly fries and went on rides and saw lots of horses, sheep, goats and chickens. Sunday we went to Greenbluff, Washington and had fresh peach smoothies, went wine tasting and bought some Huckleberry Blush, and went to different farms to pick blackberries and peaches - yum! No cherries alas, it seems I missed the cherry season here.

Monday we went to Silverwood, a theme park with rides and games and such and it also has a water park where we spent most of the day - either in the Lazy River or the Wave Pool. I did go down "The Tube of DARKNESS!" which was slightly scary and thrilling all at once and which gave me a bit of a bathing suit wedgie, it was so fast. I only went on one rollercoaster though, because they make me motion sick, but the Corkscrew was only 15 seconds, even though it does go upside down twice so I braved it.

Yesterday we rested, did a little shopping and errand-running and read and hung out and then Aunt Judy came over for dinner and we did puppet shows - don't worry, there will be plenty of pics when I get back so you'll see "action shots" of all of this. I've been reading Allie's Lemony Snickett books while I've been here (so far I'm on #4) and now I'm hooked. I think today I can get through a few of them since I doubt we are going anywhere because of the Sickies...

Signing off for now...

P.S. A special note for Floating Head: I just wanted to let you know that I bought a super cute, on sale so therefore CHEAP, pair of Kenneth Cole shoes here that you would approve of. They have a high wedge heel and a strap going across and then a velvet flower on the side where the strap attaches!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

NIce! You can call these your Washington State shoes.
I'll get to see them when you come back. I'm wearing the BCBG metalic coffee pair that I bought on the first DSW go around. People are jealous!

P.S. Have fun!

-FH