Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hell on Earth

Well it's so hot that they are closing our building down for the day and we get to go home...the only trouble is it's the middle of the day and so extremely hot that I'm dreading the subway ride home...this week, I've been waiting until 7 or so to head home so at least the trains aren't so packed and hot and steamy and the air is bit cooler outside but I just want to go home now! Can I teleport? Can Trump come and copter me home?

Another note of weirdness: I've been going to bed super early every night, like at 10 or 11 (bear in mind that I used to go to sleep closer to 2am and wake up at 8:30) but instead of sleeping my normal 8 hours, I've been waking up between 4:30 and 5:30, and I'm wide awake and I can't go back to sleep. I know I need more than 6 hours of sleep a night, so what's up with that? I'm really tired during the day (part of it is the heat) because of this and I'm sick of it. Sick, I tell you! Ah, well....it's nice being up so early so I suppose I'll get used to it...

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open.
Don't go back to sleep.
-Rumi

Trudging on, curse words at the ready, out into the heat we go!

0 comments: