Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Best Week Ever

Well I just wanted to say thanks to all those who participated in making this Delirium's Best Week Ever... I truly appreciate all of you and your friendship and the way you took care of me this past week - I love you all! Thanks especially to Veronica and Larissa, you made this birthday very special just by visiting me and forcing me to have 5 days of continuous fun. And most of all, for the gift of the Massive Attack tickets, that show was so FREAKING AWESOME, I can't believe I was lucky enough to be there... so hugs and kisses in all the directions, to all the peeps, you know who you are!

So just a rundown on things that occurred in the way of fun last week: when I last left you all, I was at work and the Boss was ill and it turns out, he has pneumonia and will be out for awhile - so while he's out, I RULE THE SCHOOL. Yeah, right. So back to where I left off, Merv and I went to Chinatown for a super yummy Vietnamese dinner full of stuffs I've never had before - pure coconut drink and this soup with super thin slices of rare beef that cook the minute the hot broth is poured over them...then on Thursday, we got Larissa from the airport, got her settled and then walked around Midtown and Central Park (hula hoop!) and then to Thai food before heading to Roseland for the show... and the SHOW. It was simply amazing, they were awesome live and REALLY INTENSE. I felt the bass so hard in my throat and legs, I felt like I was going to throw up, seriously. They have two drummers that were amazing and I just expected it to be a much more mellow affair but was I wrong... we were really close to the stage too and to the right so that we could see Neil and Horace Andy hanging out backstage, waiting to go on... so cool...so it was so intense that afterwards, we needed to decompress, even though it was close to 12 and we should have been tired...so we headed out to a little French place "Tout Va Bien" where we shared a bottle of wine and some yummy cheeses and scallops and tried to use our French ears to eavesdrop on the owner and waiter and they plied us with some free alcohol - aren't they sweet? Friday was filled with bagels, The Cloisters, and a walk down memory lane at Barnard and Columbia - aw the bench I used to sit at and read! Aw, my old window! Aw, Barnard Hall - and a turkey burger and Broadway shake at Tom's for old times sake, St. John the Divine, the Clarks again for more vodka cocktails and then a massive migraine so home to bed! Saturday, we met Young for brunch at Five Points and then went wine tasting, then to a street fair where some cutesy purchases were purchased and then a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and some vanilla ice cream on the pier once there. Then to the Village for margaritas and tacos and a final dinner before they had to leave to return to Texas... but they'll be back, I suspect...

Sunday was my actual birthday and we went up to the Cloisters for my medieval festival (yes held in honor of my birthday!) but it was super crowded so we only stayed for 2 hours or so and headed back down to the Village for - you guessed it - margaritas! And tequila shots and fajitas and then home home home to sleep sleep sleep...

Now I'm off to meet Beans for dinner (she's here for a quick visit) and I'm starving and I believe we are off to Smorgaschef - one of our prior supper club winners - woo hoo!

0 comments: