Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dispatches from The On The Wagon World

I feel much better, let me tell you. According to Chucky - "The Da" - I've been drunk for over a week, so what do I expect? Doc says to stay drunk, so that's what I did. I did have a glass of white wine on Saturday night whilst having Greek food - yummy swordfish and lemon potatoes in Astoria - but that was it - I think I just lucked out that Quick Draw wasn't quite up to par! But the bloating, the acidy stomach, the icky unhealthy feeling I get whenever I go on a drinking spree, is gone - but hey, I had FUN! And rightfully so, this IS birth month. I get to be happy as pie and do what makes me smile. And so I have. Birthday Shield activated in the form of a wine bottle. The Boss has been out for a almost two weeks ill and has returned and he lamented that he missed my birthday and apologized and vowed to do something this week - and I said "not to worry - I've done enough celebrating"! Good for you! was his reply and yes - GOOD FOR ME! Now it's back to work.

Sunday, I spent the whole day and evening with the Stanley family, who might soon be moving upstate - which I was going to be unhappy about but I don't see them much as it is and at least now I will have a retreat, somewhere when I'm feeling burnt out, I can go and visit them for the weekend and get away from the city. And I spent a lot of time playing with Mr. James who kept on calling me "My Nikki" which melted my heart.

Now, to matters at hand. The Master Plan. I spent last week feeling ugly and weary and not up to the challenge - self esteem and confidence have a lot to do with my MP. But. I believe the chess board has been reset, crucial moves are being made (or about to be made - this morning: SO CLOSE - I'm a dork, but I can't help it) and so what I need is a collective gush of POSITIVE VIBES sent my way. This is your assignment and believe me, I'll give you all full credit should my idea come to fruition. Call it my version of a novena or a mass being said in support of me and my project. So for the next week, I'm calling on all of you dear readers to send those vibes and GIVE ME A BOOST!

Woo! I just felt one. Thanks already!!!

1 comments:

apiperisdown said...

did you go to the seafood place on ditmars? i went there sunday and had the lemon potatoes and pork chops. delicious...

side note: did you ever receive my birthday present? it should have come in an email on 10/13 (a little late, i know)...